Home » ROM » [Flashable]Life One X2 Stock ROMs

[Flashable]Life One X2 Stock ROMs

Spread the love

BLOX2 Stock Rom(s)

Up until now the only way to revert back to stock on our beloved Life One X2's we needed to use a special tool called QFil which can be confusing to some. Over the last few weeks I have been doing various ROM related modifications and development so that we can get the ball rolling on soon to be available Custom ROMs. With that being said, to kick it off I have decided to release a TWRP Flashable zip of the stock ROM.

You may also use these as a base to develop custom ROMs as well. See below for complete list of available versions.

Versions:

1.  Complete Stock - this is an unmodified stock rom. This will revert you to "out of the box" stock ROM. Perfect if you need to unroot, etc.
  2. Pre-rooted with busybox - This is the same as the Complete Stock ROM above how ever this comes pre-rooted with systemless SuperSU and busybox installed.
  3. BLOX2core - This is the ideal stock ROM for anyone wanting a thinned out version of stock. Comes pre-rooted, busybox installed, deodexed (to be able to theme and easy modding), and debloated like crazy. Comes with a Pixel style launcher, new bootanimation, and sounds. Roughly HALF the size of the original stock. Simply flash the ROM and start modding the device to your liking.
  4. [NEW] DraX - This rom is a custom rom by Draco that optimizes the OS for maximum speed, battery, and performance. It is debloated while still keeping all functionality, and has over 40 improvements to the stock OS. The framework code has been modified to enable more features and improvements throughout the entire OS. It is the most optimal rom for maximum performance.

UPDATE: 3/12/2017

New Download Link: BLOX2core

Fixed issues with installing Magisk. Turns out it was a problem with the boot.img, that is why        people are experiencing ramdisk errors while flashing ROM.

Added Apps:

• Default Messenger App
  • Terminal Emulator
  • MagiskManager (you can now install Magisk through the app or by flashing latest zip)
  • XposedInstaller

Not sure which version to choose? Comment below and I will be happy to assist!

How to install?

Installing this ROM is pretty much like flashing any other ROM/zip in TWRP recovery with a few extra steps.

Requirements:

Step1:    Download and prepare the ROM

• Download the Stock Rom from the links provided above.
  • Once the download is complete, place it on the root of your sdcard (internal or external).

Step 2:   Reboot into TWRP

• Reboot into recovery with "adb reboot recovery" in CMD or with the phone turned off, hold the volume up + power button until you see "boot into recovery" in white text at the top of the screen. At this point you may let go of the power button but remain holding volume up until you see the TWRP splashscreen.

Step 3:   Time to do some wiping

This WILL DELETE EVERYTHING! BE SURE TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE PROCEEDING!

• Select "Wipe" on the top right tab
  • At the bottom you will see a slider that says "Swipe to Factory Reset". Go ahead and swipe.
  • Once it completes hit the back button
  • Go to "Advanced Wipe", select "System", then again Swipe to wipe at the bottom.

Step 4:   Flashing the ROM

• Hit the back button until you arrive to the Home screen. To the left of "Wipe" select "Install"
  • Select the StockROM.zip file you placed on your sdcard. If you can not find it then tap "Select Storage" located at the bottom left of the screen and switch to the other sdcard.
  • At the bottom you will see "Swipe to confirm flash". Swipe to install.
  • Once the flash is complete (will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes) select "wipe cache" then reboot back into System.
  • The first boot up will take some time. So be patient.

What Now?

You now have a clean install of the Stock ROM on your BLOX2! Happy modding!

Stay up to date with the new releases as well as be the first to know about CM 13 by signing up for the newsletter! we promise not to spam you 🙂

Newsletter

26 thoughts on “[Flashable]Life One X2 Stock ROMs

1. Profile photo of m0han m0han says:

found this page only now. i’d gone straight to ‘downloads’ in the morning. i’m trying to convince the blox2 owner to let me have the phone for trying your twrp CORE zip. these are excerpts from my xda post: http://bit.ly/2miOe4B

does your blox2 twrp support/handle usb otg without issues? yet to decide about disabling mtp, although twrp backs up and restores okay even otherwise.

is CORE zip sure to work? i ask ‘cos the device seems to be plagued by adb issues. twrp is booted using an app now. what to do – in case of a bootloop – to get back into twrp? not sure i can handle QFil tool with ease.

i’ve already signed up for the newsletter, if i remember right. thanks a lot.

1. ieatgravity says:

Responded to this and your previous post on the thread. But I have not used the USB OTG feature in TWRP however others claim it to work.

BLOX2core flashes well for me. Be sure to follow the wiping instructions very carefully.

In case of a bootloop (unlikely if you followed the guide) then simply turn the phone off. Hold the volume up + power button until you see “boot into recovery” in white text at the top of the screen. Once you see that message release the power button but continue holding down the volume up until you see the TWRP splash screen.

1. Profile photo of m0han m0han says:

thanks for your roms and help. i’ve installed your ‘core rom’. would you mind giving the correct installation procedure for xposed for stock 6.0.1 rom having systemless root? is it something like this:

flash xposed zip
        reboot
        run XposedInstaller apk
        reboot(?)
        install modules, enable, reboot

i’m not sure which .apk to use and whether i should run the .apk before flashing the .zip or after. i’ve downloaded the following files:

xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64.zip
        xposed-uninstaller-20160829-arm64.zip
        XposedInstaller v3.0_alpha4.apk
        XposedInstaller v3.1.1.apk
        XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_26_11_16.apk

1. ieatgravity says:

Best bet is to flash xposed.zip, reboot. Install apk. Add modules, reboot. All set.

2. Mehul says:

Fast charging isn’t working after I flashed the blox2core rom. It takes 2 hours now. Anyone know why?

1. ieatgravity says:

I have not faced this problem with the ROM. I will do more tests and ask other users about this issue.

1. Parra Snipes says:

I also have that problem on the same rom

3. No live wallpaper support on BLOX2core?

4. Andrae says:

my pc for some reason is not allowing me to install the drivers, is there a manual driver available for install? only thing i was able to install was qualcomm hs usb diagnostics 9091 (com6) the adb interface said no driver and life one x2 said failed when i plugged it into my pc..please help

1. The drivers that work are for the kindle fire: https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk…usb_driver.zip

1. Andrae says:

i dont know if the link you provided is working or im doing something wrong but when i go to the link this is what i see

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
        AccessDeniedAccess DeniedE64CF9C75ECD85D32gq9TfdgoZt2yyrjK8+oKoG/AV+wa1iNl1/n4mQRmoB52PduPev4JYok4NBJpoM7tRZlIATNq9I=

1. Andrae says:

thank you i will reply if this fixes my problem

2. Andrae says:

i dont know if it worked but im not seeing any errors in device manager now but the problem im having now is im only able to see me phone as a mtp device when im in recovery mode, is that normal or did i do something wrong?

5. I don’t know if this is the right place to write this but I’m having what I think is a software issue with my BLOX2, which I acquire from a person in the streets supposedly brand new, the phone worked fine the first two weeks, after that my launcher started crashing and showed the messages “unfortunately my launcher has stopped/ isn’t responding” and it took some time to start when rebooted, it got a point that didn’t start, it was stuck on the bootloader screen (the white screen with the “BLU bold like us” logo) and when it happened to start, after I wiped Dalvik and tried several times, My Launcher failed right away and after that all the apps. I have followed your tutorials and change the software several times, it didn’t past the white screen, it only starts it when I when back to stock, it worked fine for a couples of hours and then back to the same, right now, after I went back to stock last time, it is stock in the white screen and it doesn’t go through it. If somebody here can help me I will really appreciate it, I’m currently without phone, I’m thinking on buying a new one, another brand because honestly I don’t want to go through all this again, even though I really like this phone, but most importantly, I don’t want to lose my investment.

1. ieatgravity says:

This page is for the stock roms and not software support, feel free to start a thread in the blox2forums for further assistance.

With that said, have you attempted a full restore with QFIL? That will restore to out of the box stock. If it is a software issue then it should be resolved.

Another question I have for you is; what mods have you installed or flashed as this could be a likely culprit.

Lastly if this problem persists on a clean stock ROM (using QFIl) then it may be a hardware issue. Or a defective device.

Please start a new thread so we can be of further assistance

6. Dennis Perez says:

I flashed the blox2core rom but I have this issue where I for she reason loose root and re flashing supersu is not working

7. Luca Kieran says:

I flashed the blox2core, and everything seems to work great… except the WLAN won’t turn on. I flick the switch, but it turns itself off. I’m going to venture through the terminal for a bit before I try a hail mary with the stock rom. Any tips, in the meantime?

1. Emiliano says:

I have the same problem ? . Any solution? (Tengo el mismo problema. Alguna solucion?)

8. Profile photo of Xejpa Xejpa says:

Ever since installing the Blox2CORE rom, my computer can’t recognize my phone at all and adb isn’t recognizing it either. I assure you the right drivers are installed.